If you leave a message for me, I will reply here so that it is easier to follow the conversation instead of bouncing back and forth between two or more pages.
Do you know any administrator besides Disneyfan89 who can block Mctalwolfer right away. He is causing problems on this site by vandalizing wiki articles, namely Scud and Sid Phillips. He ignored the messages I sent him, asking him to stop editing these article pages that don't need further editing, and is continuing to re-edit Scud and Sid Phillips. So could you please find some available administrator to permanently block him if you could. I'd really appreciate it. Please get back to me. Thanks.
- Disneyvillainman is actually the more-active admin right now, which you can see if you look at the admins list. The other three have pretty much left and aren't likely to come back.
- While not having an admin around may be an annoyance, this may work to our advantage. First, it helps move the wiki closer to being adoptable. Second, the longer this goes on, the clearer it will be that this is vandalism.
- From what I see, this is a case of "I want". As in, "I want Scud to be an antagonist, so I'll keep saying he is, regardless of whether it's true or not and regardless of whether other people want me to." People like this keep at it until it becomes obvious to everyone that it actually is vandalism. Mctalwolfer is very close to that point, at evidenced by the fact that he has been blocked on Disney Wiki and two others for this same behavior. When the block expires on the other two, he will go right back to doing the same thing, which will lead to additional blocks.
- With a person like this, the best way to handle it is to keep things factual and not leave personal comments. One of the ways I am going to keep it factual is I am going to watch Toy Story again to see exactly what Scud does: are his actions consistent with normal canine behavior and intelligence in the real world, or does he exhibit decision-making that shows he is consciously acting to harm Woody and the rest of the characters. If it is the former, then he is not a villain and I will mark the page for deletion. If the latter, I'll update the page to reflect it. After that, if Mctalwolfer continues to state that Scud is an antagonist or change it back to his view that Scud is more of an antagonist than Sid is, then it will be clear that he is being stubborn and obsessed over this, and an admin will have sufficient reason to block him here or on other wikis. —RRabbit42 (leave a message) 03:36, August 15, 2013 (UTC)
Re: Scud and Sid PhillpsEdit
I heard you watched the Toy Story movie and found out that Scud only behaves like a normal dog would behave according to how he was treated, so he doesn't count as an actual villain, and that Sid Phillips is the only ACTUAL villain in the Toy Story movie. Unfortunately, Mctalwolfer is vandalizing both articles again. I just reverted his edits to the last edits you made on both articles. He needs to be blocked from Wickedpedia permanently! Is there any way you can take this matter up with some administrator and convince them to permanently block Mctalwolfer, because his vandalism is getting monotonous. Please get back to me on this subject. Thanks.
- I was looking over the categories this morning and realized that Scud might qualify as a Henchman. It's a little bit of a stretch because Scud isn't employed by Sid and doesn't do much beyond bark, growl and chase the other characters, but it's worth looking into.
- Three of the four admins here have logged into their accounts in the past month, but since two of them haven't responded to messages here on their talk pages, it's not likely that they will respond to new messages. I had contacted the VSTF about a similar situation on another wiki and their answer was essentially that unwanted edits aren't necessarily vandalism. In this case, it has pretty much all the earmarks of vandalism: undoing edits without specifying a reason, ignoring messages to him, doing the exact same thing on other wikis, being blocked for doing the exact same thing on another wiki.
- Just be patient for about one more month. There's something I can do at that time, but not before. In the meantime, I will continue with cleaning up the wiki. There's a lot of duplicate and redundant categories that can be consolidated. —RRabbit42 (leave a message) 04:07, September 11, 2013 (UTC)
- I still need to work on changing Scud's page to that of a henchman, but Mctalwolfer is now permanently blocked. I found out more details about what he was doing and he's not going to play that game here any more. —RRabbit42 (leave a message) 03:52, October 16, 2013 (UTC)
- If you go to the Adoption Requests page, you will see the requirements. Since I have made the announcement that I will adopt this wiki, this one is "taken". —RRabbit42 (leave a message) 01:06, October 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Great, you got the wiki! I'm sure you'll take good care of it. Do you need any helpers, there are a lot of bad pages. I could help you delete them, be done much faster. Please can I be an ADMIN? --Kyurem147 (talk) 08:42, October 15, 2013 (UTC)
- I definitely can use the help and you've already put in a significant amount of work here. I'd like for you to read the blog I wrote two months ago about the problems on this wiki. People have been abusing their editing privileges here, and that blog describes the direction this wiki is going to go in now. —RRabbit42 (leave a message) 03:48, October 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, and now you are. Here's another example of what I found needs to be cleaned up: duplicate categories. We had a "Fat villains" and a "Chubby villains" category. Someone created the "Chubby villains" category page and put "Same thing" on it, which means they realized that it was the same as the other category, but they couldn't be bothered to clean it up and just use one category. —RRabbit42 (leave a message) 13:35, October 19, 2013 (UTC)
Could you please make me administrator as well. I have been working real hard on this site and have been making very good edits and contributions to certain wiki pages. I'd really apprecite if you could grant me administrator privileges as well, so that I too can delete unwanted wiki pages or unneeded or unused photos. Please consider. Thanks.
- Admin rights have now been granted. —RRabbit42 (leave a message) 15:53, November 10, 2013 (UTC)
An Alliance Edit
You and I make a great team cleaning up the Ripslinger pages. If you want to, I propose we make an Alliance in order to make sure everything is accurate, and not false. -Razor Boyz (talk) 09:43, November 27, 2013 (UTC)
- What we're dealing with is a kid who is doing what a lot of kids do: making up stories. But, he hasn't learned that if someone tells you to stop, or that you need to do what you're doing in a different/better way or to do it somewhere else, you listen to what they are saying and you change your behavior. The people that are stubborn or don't care don't take long to show to everyone else that they're fixated on a subject, and it becomes vandalism. The fact that Lesasu is now adding obviously false information shows that it is vandalism, and is no longer a kid spreading his opinion or making up stories.
- If you've bought the movie like I have, then you have all you need to help fix this issue without us having to form an "alliance" because you will be able to state factually what did and did not happen. Take a look at my edits and you will see things like "false information" and a reason why it is false. Then other people can see what I am saying is correct and what he is saying is not.
- People like this are a problem for a few months. There have been a few that cause problems for a longer period of time, but most of them don't have the resolve to stick with it for more than about six months. Going along with that is the fact that the more they keep up with this and the more wikis they go to, the more of a reputation they build up as a vandal and it gets easier to block them, it gets easier to recognize them even if they try to hide what they're doing, and it gets easier to request help from Wikia staff. All of these stop making it fun for them and they usually give up. —RRabbit42 (leave a message) 05:42, November 28, 2013 (UTC)
I seen the movie, and I have it on Blu-Ray, I know what you're talking about, believe me. But that does not answer my proposal for an alliance or not. -Razor Boyz (talk) 06:07, November 28, 2013 (UTC)
- I didn't initially say yes because an alliance implies you're fighting a common enemy or going to pick on someone. But what it really comes down to is that not only is Lesasu now lying, he is deliberately lying. Every time you make an edit on a wiki, you have to click on Publish or Save. Clicking on that button when you have entered false information means that you have decided to deliberately lie. You've had at least two chances to not lie, once when typing and once when you click on that button, so going forward with clicking on that button is a conscious decision.
- I will admit that my patience with people like that is starting to wear thin, but that doesn't mean I stop trying to give them chances to change. It's obvious that Lesasu doesn't want those chances, so if you feel that an alliance is needed to correct the false information he is adding, then I accept. —RRabbit42 (leave a message) 05:27, November 29, 2013 (UTC)