Pluto is the main antagonist of "The Goddess of Spring". He speaks in Opera style music throughout the short.
Goddess of SpringEdit
Pluto scouts out the most beautiful woman on earth to be his queen and he decides that Persephone, the Goddess of Spring is the perfect queen. He appears on earth in flames and abducts the beautiful goddess. He takes her down to his lower world and crowns her as his queen. Meanwhile, on Earth, the world has turned cold and is experiancing eternal winter without it's beautiful spring goddess. Down in the underworld, Persephone is depressed and longs for her world above. While Pluto may be slightly sinister, he is not all bad and her sorrow appeals to his better side. He allows her to return as long as she spends half of every year with him. This short explains why we have winter.
- He shares the same name as Mickey Mouse's dog
- Some people think he is the Man in the 1942 film, Bambi.
- Pluto is the roman name for Hades.
- This version of Pluto is a more accurate potrayal than Hades.
- In mythology, the story that inspired The Goddess of Spring was a part of the Greek's paganistic religion.
- Appearing under his Greek name, Pluto appears as the main villain in Hercules as Hades.