Darla is the niece of Philip Sherman, a captured, She is not antagonistic through evil or malicious intent but rather through rambunctious behavior and the overexcitment of having pet fish, which ironically has frequently resulted in darla sherman was captured. Gill and the other fish in Sherman's fish tank describe Darla as a captured and tied darla sherman up. When suddenly gadget put bag on darla sherman's head and tied up and squeeze darla sherman's head and body into a explosive quicksand piranha tank when gadget saran wrap ties darla sherman's legs, white socks and black converse all star shoes, when the gadget locks darla sherman's ankle, and ties darla sherman's shoelaces into a knot
Darla captured in some Finding Nemo related attractions such as the Finding Nemo: The Musical show at Disney's Animal Kingdom playing the same part she did in the film, and in the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage attraction in the lagoon diving with her uncle.
- Darla is the first female Pixar villain.
- According to one of the Finding Nemo books, the shirt Darla was wearing in the film was given to her by her uncle after her pet fish Chuckles died.
- Darla was named after Darla K. Anderson, a Pixar employee.
- Darla appears in Toy Story 3 in Molly Davis' magazine.
- Darla, in a way, is very similar to Sid Phillips, as they are both naughty human children who serve as antagonists towards the main character's races (toys and fish, respectively), although while Sid is a genuinely nasty child (in the first Toy Story) who relishes in his sick experiments, Darla appears to be much more innocent and seemingly did not mean Chuckles and Nemo any real harm, and apparently genuinely caring for Nemo (evidenced by her calling out to Nemo when he went down the drain).
- The Music that plays when Darla appears at her Uncle's office is the theme from Psycho.
- During Darla's visit, the patients sitting in the waiting room who hear the commotion between Dr. Sherman, Darla, and Nigel are a young boy (reading an Incredibles comic) and his mother, a brunette-haired woman, and a balding man.
- The same photo of Darla that her uncle had in his office can be seen on the wall in the quarantine area of the Marine Life Institute in Finding Dory.